How it works
Bini cultivates unique health and fitness programs. She uses clinical data to advise her clients, including:
- Nutrition Counseling
The idea that the food we consume has the power to heal, to restore health, to prevent disease— this makes healthy eating revolutionary!
There is clearly no single diet that is best for all humans. Of course we can make generalizations to benefit most, but because we all have a different genetic makeup and live in different environments with different lifestyles, not every food will be digested, absorbed and metabolized in the same way for all people. In fact, the very foods that help to benefit some may harm others.
Customizing a meal program to meet an individual’s needs is where the creativity begins. Specific goals require specific adaptations to be made. Goals of weight loss, treating chronic inflammation or optimizing health, each require a different approach. Most clients have some type of food intolerances, others have to be concerned with blood-sugar levels, building bone density, or building muscle mass. There are also likes, desires, cravings and even ethnic considerations that need to be woven in.
Bini starts with a Food Diary Analysis as well as a thorough Nutrition and Lifestyle Assessment. This helps to create well-balanced, delectable meals that appeal to all of the senses.
- Testing is offered for laser sharp precision in meal planning:
1. Food Sensitivity Testing
The self-administered Food Inflammation Test measures your immune cells’ response to more than 130 foods, spices, and additives. The test uncovers the triggers of chronic inflammation and related health conditions, such as gastrointestinal, respiratory, and joint issues as well as migraine, dermatitis, fatigue, and metabolic disorders for an individual.
2. Micronutrient Evaluation
Micronutrient testing is an assessment of how well the body utilizes over 30 vitamins, minerals, amino/fatty acids, antioxidants, and metabolites, enabling the body to produce enzymes, hormones, and other substances essential for proper growth, development, and good health.
The micronutrient test is an advanced diagnostic tool. It uncovers deficiencies and the degree of each deficiency so that an effective treatment plan can be implemented. Not only will correcting intracellular deficiencies slow aging and repair cellular dysfunction, but it can also prevent disease progression.
3. RMR – Resting Metabolic Rate tells us how many calories an individual burns daily at rest. This indicates how many calories can be consumed daily in order to lose, gain or maintain weight.
4. Dexa Body Composition Scan – Percent of lean tissue and of fat tissue is measured, as well as the location and type of fat (subcutaneous vs. visceral.) These measurements help to identify health risks.
- Your Nutrition Rx includes:
- Deliciously satisfying one-week meal plan complete with food shopping list and recipes
- Mindful eating plan- how to eat, when to eat, and quantities to eat
- Precise calculation for daily hydration and liquid intake
- Specific foods for maintaining gut health and ensuring daily bowel movements
- Best utensils, cookware for cooking, heating and storing food
- Best food sources for micronutrients, as well as supplements and herbal remedies where deficiencies are evident
- How to choose safe, sustainable foods and eat in harmony with the environment and the seasons
- Follow up services:
- Grocery Tour-Learn about organic vs conventional, brown eggs vs white eggs, pasture raised animal protein, how to read labels and find the best brands for your individual needs.
- Pantry Raid-Eliminate what you now know you have a sensitivity to, along with processed foods, added and artificial sugars.
- Telenutrition- Unlimited text/email access comes in handy for asking questions, ongoing food log analysis, strategy for healthy dining out and traveling, coolest kids’ lunches to pack, etc. Always there for you!
- Exercise Regimen and Athletic Performance Testing
Tailoring a fitness program starts with an understanding of Exercise and Medical History, Goals and Lifestyle Assessment.
Just as there is no one best diet for all humans, there is also no one best exercise regimen for all humans. The mode, duration and intensity of any successful program will be different for each of us based on our environment, abilities, and genetic makeup. And just as our food should be both healthy and delicious, exercise should be safely performed and enjoyable, because let’s face it, this is a forever thing.
Some of us are cut out to hit the pavement for distance running, others prefer to exercise in the salt and the sea, there are those who are motivated by a class of heavy breathers, and others who prefer to walk, cycle or dance to their own beat. Whether we are recreational or elite athletes, training for a competition or a healthier outcome on a stress test, to lose weight or to gain bone and muscle mass, we need a regimen that can be performed effectively, with available equipment and proper supervision.
- Intermittent testing is offered for gauging progress as well as for laser sharp precision in exercise prescription:
- VO2 Max Testing
VO2 Max, or Maximal Oxygen Consumption, refers to the maximum amount of oxygen an individual utilizes during intense or maximal exercise. The more oxygen used, the more calories burned and the more energy a person produces. This is what a VO2 Max test measures and why it is considered the best indicator of cardiovascular fitness and aerobic endurance.
At a given heart rate, an individual who is better trained has muscles that can extract more oxygen from the blood allowing the individual to perform more intensely. The VO2 Max test simultaneously tracks heart rate, oxygen consumption and intensity or workload. It is the gold standard for determining cardiorespiratory fitness for athletes as well as individuals concerned with maintaining heart health.
Bini uses VO2 max test results to adjust training regimens, nutrition plans, and to track performance improvement. Bini can determine the precise threshold and target heart rate that will enable each individual to exercise more effectively, with less fatigue and fewer injuries. Periodic retesting provides motivating feedback as the fitness program progresses.
2. Resting Metabolic Rate Testing
Resting Metabolic Rate test measures oxygen consumption at rest, and tells how many calories are burned on a daily basis at rest. With this understanding, Bini can calculate how many calories we can consume daily in order to reach that goal weight and still maintain energy levels. As we exercise to burn fat and increase our lean tissue (strengthen our muscles), our metabolic rate also increases. Bini encourages this change in body composition to boost metabolism, and she measures RMR to chart progress.
3. Dexa Body Composition Scan
This body scan is today’s gold standard for measuring body fat, lean mass, and bone density. It also gives a clear picture of the types of body fat we have (visceral versus subcutaneous.) Once Bini knows the quantity and location of the fat tissue, she can determine how much fat needs to be lost, gained, or maintained to meet ideal body weight.
- Your Exercise Regimen includes:
- A specified mode for cardiovascular work, strength training and flexibility enhancement
- Amount of time per session, number of sessions per week
- Target heart rate zone calculation allows for training as close to anaerobic threshold as possible
- Appropriate attire, shoes and equipment are specified
- Precise calculation for hydration, rehydration, H2O or H2O plus electrolytes
- Pre and post workout meal composition